Friday, May 20, 2011

From BRRRRR to BUZZZZZZ!

It's been a tough week at work and some really chilly temperatures here, so gardening kind of fell to the wayside for a bit.  Today it was sunny and warm so the yard is calling to us once again. 

The mosquitoes are horrible here tonight!  There were so many swarming around me that I couldn't even do any yard work this evening for flailing around like a human windmill in the back yard, tangling myself in the wispy wisteria vines that I was attempting to tame.  I sprayed some repellent on my arms, which were the only part of me that was exposed and still they tried to attack through my pants and shirt.  Highly aggressive little boogers!  My husband and I sat out by the pool for a bit and they were landing on my pant legs and tennis shoes; while completely ignoring his exposed legs which were less than one foot away.  Must be fat suckers instead of blood suckers!  He's even on a low-dose aspirin a day regimen and still they preferred the challenge of drilling through my clothing.

Tomorrow at 5 p.m. our neighbors are having an outdoor party.  I sure hope they use a yard fogger or something to ward off these pests, otherwise party-goers must attend at their own risk.  "Come on over, grab a burger, your favorite beverage and the disease of your choice:  Malaria, Encephalitis, West Nile or Yellow Fever. Seriously, they've worked very hard the last couple of days making sure everything is perfect for their guests and I'd hate for the mosquitoes to put a damper on the festivities.

Enjoy your weekend... get out there and get some dirt under your nails! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to comment. It's nice knowing that someone is out there on the other side of this computer screen. Now, enough computing...get out there and get your hands dirty! :)