Monday, August 29, 2011

Belated Birthday Laughs and Love


The other day I received a belated birthday gift from a dear friend who was horrified that she missed my birthday. To me, birthdays are pretty much the same as another day and I'm never offended if someone forgets to acknowledge the day; she, on the other hand, took it pretty hard! :) She's one of those people who is apt to do more for you on any given day than most of us do on special occasions... so even if you were one to have your feathers ruffled if your birthday is overlooked... you'd probably still give her a break. Anyway, she gave me something for the garden, as she is apt to do because she knows that it is an area which brings me great joy.






When I got in the car with my husband he spied the gift bag and said, "What 'cha got?" I explained that it was a late birthday gift from a friend. He asked, "What is it?" I said, "It's really pretty wind chimes; but they're kind of loud." He said, "What is it?" I said, "Pretty wind chimes, but they're kind loud."  He said, "What is it?" I said, "Pretty wind chimes, but YOU'LL never hear 'em." :)  I can't help but laugh at how my responses continue to reduce in size with each repeat. If we kept going I guess I'd just finally just drag them out of the bag and say "Chimes! See?" He may be getting older (as am I), but he is still the man of my dreams and brings such delight into my life! I love that man with all of my heart!!! I work with his hearing loss and he puts up with all the stuff I say that wasn't worth saying even once... let alone 4-5 times.  Seriously, if you ever wondered if what you were saying was worthy of saying... just repeat it 3 or 4 times, a little louder each time, and see how important you think it is then! LOL!



As for the chimes, they are very pretty and have a lovely tone. Wind chimes are a great gift... each time you hear them it reminds you of the person who thought enough of you to buy them for you. It's kind of like a little subliminal hug from a special person.  Keep them in mind next time you're considering a gift for a person who loves to putter around in the garden. That is, unless they're like my husband... and then I might suggest something along the lines of a foghorn!

Remember you can click on any photo for a larger view.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! Your Clematis is stunning. Looks like a snow filled fence! Sorry about your blooms but Mr Deer does enjoy certain things from our gardens. I dont mind them eating things this time of year as blooms are pretty much on their way out anyhow.

    Skeeter (In the Garden with Tina)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to comment. It's nice knowing that someone is out there on the other side of this computer screen. Now, enough computing...get out there and get your hands dirty! :)