Yesterday I had put a hose trickling on my azalea bushes and was moving it every thirty minutes. I had set a timer to make sure I didn't forget. Between waterings, I decided to make some hummingbird food. When my timer went off I reset it for another 30 minutes and then headed out the door to move the hose. Once outside I was surprised to find my husband resting from a round of mowing. I asked him if he had seen how beautifully the neighbor's Crape Myrtle was blooming. He said he hadn't, so off we went for a look. While on that side of the house we moved the hose and then headed back to the house. Hubby says, you ready for a swim? Well, sure!
So we're in the pool splashing around enjoying the break when all of the sudden I remember the sugar-water I left boiling on the stove top. I panicked, which if you know me will not come as a shock to you. I jump out of the pool, grab a towel and head for the house. I open the door to the smell of sugar-water cooking and can hear it boiling like mad! I was relieved that it hadn't boiled dry. Just as I nearly got to the stove my wet feet flew out from under me and I hit the floor with a loud THUD! I hit with all of the impact on my right buttock. Oh man that hurt! Do you know how hard you have to hit the floor to bruise yourself there? Not exactly an area with sharp edges! I managed to turn over and crawl to the stove, pull myself up to my knees, move the pan from the eye, and turn off the eye. I knew today that I'd probably wake up stiff and feeling like I had whiplash!
A few important lessons were learned from yesterday:
- Never leave anything on the stove unattended
- Never walk across a linoleum floor with wet feet
- It's more important to set a timer for food on the stove than water on the lawn
- and even though this wasn't mentioned above... it really needs no explanation...No matter how hungry you think you are... DO NOT go to a buffet!
See you in the garden... or the emergency room, but hopefully the garden!
:) Y'all have a good week!