Saturday, July 13, 2013

It's been a while since I've posted anything... but the gardening does go on! 

Twice since posting about sharing cut flowers I have followed through... sharing flowers from my garden with a coworker.  The first was a simple vase with two pink peony... and they were so simple and sweet.  Don't you think they have the sweetest fragrance?  This time I got a bit more daring with my presentation and selected a few different variety of blooms and was very pleased with how it turned out. 


 
This vase has Mandevilla, Sunny Knock-Out Roses, Stella de Ora daylilly and a purple butterfly bush who's name escapes me at the moment.  She was thrilled to receive them and even wanted to know the names of each different flower.  It was especially sweet of her to show such interest in the gift.
 
_____________________________________________
 
We've had quite a bit of rain lately and the other afternoon a shower dumped 2-inches of rain on our yard in less than an hour.  The rain fell so hard and fast that one of my two Mandevilla split at it's trunk from the weight of the rain-drenched blooms.  I supported it with a wire frame and it doesn't look any worse for the wear... at least for now, but it was terribly disheartening to see it split. 
 
_______________________________________________
 
I snapped a few photos from the yard that I thought I would share with you...
 
 
I'd love to know the name of this flower.  It was shared with me by a coworker who acquired it from a neighbor.  Regardless... it's welcome in my yard.  It stands about 4 feet tall and reminds me of the Black Eyed Susan... but doesn't have the dark brown center.  I'm open to your feedback.
 
 
Here's a sweet little lavender colored wild flower growing amongst the fallen hickory nuts at the back of the property.  Another one I can't identify. They are scattered about the yard... each standing only about 2-3 inches tall with somewhat of a trumpet-like bloom (one bloom per plant).
 
______________________________________________
 
And then there's this sweet dragonfly who allowed me to snap a few photos... while he (or she) rested atop one of my plant stands.
 


 
I hope your gardens are thriving and you are able to enjoy them to the fullest. 
 
Until next time... keep on gardening!  Thanks for joining me in the garden!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 





1 comment:

  1. It's always disappointing to see things damaged by the weather. Hope your Mandevilla survives. Great dragonfly shots.

    Have a wonderful week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to comment. It's nice knowing that someone is out there on the other side of this computer screen. Now, enough computing...get out there and get your hands dirty! :)